What is a Superbill?
Unlock Your Reimbursement Potential with a Superbill
A superbill is your key to potential reimbursement for out-of-network healthcare services. You can think of it as an itemized receipt that contains essential information for insurance claims, like procedure codes and costs.
Why would I want a superbill?
If Origin is not in-network with your insurance provider, or we cannot directly bill your out-of-network insurance plan, a superbill can help you recover a significant portion of your visit costs – often up to 50% to 80%.
To maximize your reimbursement, make sure your insurance plan includes out-of-network (OON) benefits and your OON deductible has been met.
How to Get (and Submit) a Superbill:
- Pay upfront: Start by paying Origin directly for your visit(s). Save your receipt
- Request Your Superbill: Easily request a superbill by logging into your Origin dashboard, clicking on "Visits," and hitting the "Request Superbill" button next any completed appointment. We'll generate your Superbill and send it to you via email.
- Check Your Insurance: Get in touch with your insurance company to understand your out-of-network benefits for physical therapy and learn how to submit your claim.
- Submit Your Superbill: Your insurance company should provide guidance on how to upload it online, or mail it along with your claim and any necessary documentation.
- Track Your Claim: Stay informed about your claim's status by checking your insurance company's website or making follow-up phone calls. Any reimbursement will be paid to you directly.
Reminder: Always consult your insurance plan's official documentation, or contact your provider directly for the most accurate information on reimbursement procedures.