The first appointment in every patient's journey is their evaluation. Your evaluation is all about evaluating where you are, and what brought you to PT.
Your evaluation is a full hour with your physical therapist. Together, you will...
- Talk about your symptoms and concerns
- Conduct a physical assessment to help identify what's going
- Co-create a care plan that addresses whatever you need most
At the end of your evaluation, your PT will give you a recommendation for how often they think you need to be seen (either virtually or in-person). If you are being seen for in-office care, you can schedule appointments with the front desk on your way out. If you are being seen virtually, click here to schedule follow-up visits.
Within 48 hours of your evaluation, you will also receive your home exercise program. Your program will contain exercises and stretches specifically tailored to your diagnosis. You'll complete these exercises as instructed to continue making progress in-between appointments.
A follow-up visit is any visit after your initial evaluation as you and your physical therapist are working towards your goals and through your care plan. What you can expect from a follow-up visit:
- Check in with a PT aide upon arrival to get an update on your progress or any issues since your last visit so they can make a plan for your visit
- Your PT will prescribe you a custom warm up based on where you are and how you're feeling that day
- After your warm up, you'll work with your PT to address any issues–this could involve manual therapy, tracking progress through a series of objective tests and measurements as well as practicing relevant exercises
- You'll end with ice or heat as relevant or additional stretching and exercises with the help of a PT aideYou'll work with your PT to address any issues–this could involve massage, tracking progress through a series of diagnostic tests or exercises as well as practicing